Mud People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Steve Jobs

+2
Iamwookie
Rich Fingerland
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RIP Steve Jobs  - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP Steve Jobs

Post  Iamwookie Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 am

Over on another forum we were talking about this, and one of the members that posted to it used to work with him...apparently he came in, said he had 30 seconds to tell him why he was important for Apple and he floundered and got fired that week. I dont know the guy who posted it and there are thousands of members so it could be BS (but all his profile stuff like location are in silicon valley), but from what I read since then he was pretty harsh on employees so maybe he is telling the truth.

You'd have to be a real pistol I guess to use 30 seconds impromptu to pitch your worth to the CEO.
Iamwookie
Iamwookie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knuttypoo Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 am

*Jeff wrote:Evidently he didnt have many friends. He had people who needed him and people who were scared of him.

It also reinforced what that article said, Jobs never gave a single solitary cent to charity and forbid Apple from doing the same. (Gates has given tens of billions.)

Eve wrote:wow...he was a complete asshole.

I'm starting to like him now.

knuttypoo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *Jeff Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:07 am

Iamwookie wrote:Over on another forum we were talking about this, and one of the members that posted to it used to work with him...apparently he came in, said he had 30 seconds to tell him why he was important for Apple and he floundered and got fired that week. I dont know the guy who posted it and there are thousands of members so it could be BS (but all his profile stuff like location are in silicon valley), but from what I read since then he was pretty harsh on employees so maybe he is telling the truth.

You'd have to be a real pistol I guess to use 30 seconds impromptu to pitch your worth to the CEO.
I would do well in a situation like that.
*Jeff
*Jeff
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich Fingerland Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Never known anyone who've worked at Apple. I've known people who've worked at Microsoft - and Gates wasn't very hands on. Ballmer's the guy.
Rich Fingerland
Rich Fingerland
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum